Clove Oil is brown colored liquid extracted flower buds of Syzygium aromaticum. Running from dreadful tooth aches, clove is first pain relief we mostly grab on to. The warm spice is highly valued for its fine aroma & flavor and comes with a plethora of health benefits. It provides excellent healing effects because of its carminative and stimulant properties. The spice was once extremely popular for its use as clove cigarettes & clove cigars.
The phenolic principal ingredient Eugenin in clove is a pharmacologically active compound and imparts reliving from pain due to its anaesthetic properties. The other constituents include caryophyllene, humulene, gallotannic acid, vanillin, eugenyl acetate etc.
Clove oil is popularly used in dentistry dressing tooth products, treatment of dry socket, personal care products (toothpaste, mouthwash, soaps etc), spice tea, flavoring, desserts, bakery goods, meat products, seasoning and aromatherapy. Clove essential oil carries good inflammation & purifying properties and is used in skin care creams & masks to cure acne, blemishes & scars. It is used in essential oil blends for anti-aging effects due to its high anti-oxidant properties. It is also an important ingredient for treating digestive ailments, headaches, bacterial infections, skin infections, nausea, cold & throat infections.
Extracts of clove or fruits of Syzygium aromaticum
1. Clove oil is known to be a natural anthelmintic.
2. Powerful anti-septic & anti-fungal agent
3. Clove oil mixed with salt is used for curing headaches.
4. Good insecticides & effective ingredient for mosquito repellant
1. Flavoring Agent : Used for strong flavor and aroma in spice tea, seasoning & condiments, processed food, dessert, bakery products.
2. Preservative : Natural preservative & antioxidant agent to reduce lipid oxidation, used as preservative agent in processed foods, curries, meat products
3. Therapeutic : Used as warming agent in aromatherapy, perfumery, widely used in dental pain killer preparations & products, personal care saops, toothpastes, mouthwash, skin care creams & lotions.
4. Nutritional : Thermogenic weight loss ingredient, anti-aging & stimulant for skin care, digestion improvement