Cardamom Oleoresins is greenish to brown colored liquid extract from the Queen of Spices. The exotic spice extract with rich aroma & complex sweet flavoring notes is known for the lingering taste it leaves in mouth. Cardamom is also regarded as an important ingredient in Ayurvedic medicines. Green cardamom is one of the most expensive spices and often seen as a festive gifting in India. Cardamom is widely used for enriching the flavor and aroma in foods, drinks, confectionary and treating ingredient in medicinal preparations. A spice often picked upon after meals for its long lasting freshening and no wonder why it is commonly used ingredient in chewing gums.
The most medicinally active of the cardamom Oleoresin is its antioxidant component cineole. Cardamom mainly consists of 1, 8-cineole along with monoterpenes. It contains α-terpineol, limonene αalpha;-pinene, β-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, α-terpinyl acetate, linalool. It is the presence of 1, 8-cineole, terpenes along with linayl acetate that offers unique volatile combination to cardamom. The volatile oil of Cardaomom mainly constitutes of oxygenated compounds, all which are largely responsible for the characteristic aroma.
Cardamom Oleoresin is popularly used flavoring & aromatic ingredient across industries i.e savory, desserts, sweets, confectionery, bakery, meat & curries, food preservation, pickles, beverages, mulled wines, biryanis & ready to eat foods. Cardamom is also used as an active ingredient in cough tonics, in digestion tonics, in mouth freshening gums & tablets, as an antidote for poisonous snake & scorpion bites. It is used to treat piles, venereal disease, kidney & bladder stones, skin rashes etc. The Cardamom oil is widely used for its numerous offered therapeutic properties i.e, aphrodisiac, antioxidant, antifungal & antibacterial, antiseptic, carminative, digestive, analgesic, anti-carcinogenic, detoxifier, anti-depressant.
Botanical Sources: Extracts of Cardamom or fruits of Elettaria cardamomum
1.Cardamom Oleoresin is a powerful flavoring & aromatic agent
2. Cardamom oil has strong antiseptic & antimicrobial properties for use as a preservative agent
3. Contains photochemicals known for fighting cancer.
4. Excellent ingredient for preventing blood platelet clumping
5. Cardamom is good for vocal cords. Singers often use cardamom as it is known to improve voice.
1. FLAVORING AGENT : used for flavor in biryanis, tea & beverages, meat & curries, desserts, confectionery, pharma flavoring applications
2. AROMATIC AGENT : popularly used ingredient for aroma in chewing gums, natural fresheners, perfumery, soaps, cosmetics.
3. THERAPEUTIC : Cardamom oil is used in various medicinal preparations, cough tonics, digestion ailments, aromatherapy.
4. NUTRITIONAL : detoxifying ingredient, eliminates urges & used for quitting addictions, anti-depressant.